Monday, December 28, 2009

December dinner

We were sitting at the table near the Christmas tree with only two ornaments. One made by a friend. The ornament is a clear glass ball with milkweed seeds floating inside. A glass ball of possibility. This gift came to me on a day when I was feeling so lost, so alone, so confused about what to even do about how I was feeling! The seeds in a glass ball and the thought, of course in the form of this gift, brought back into my body and in contact with all that I was feeling. So much seemed to have happened in the previous few weeks, much to do with my horse Oliver and me. The milkweed seeds gave me hope--Thank you, LB!!!
The other ornament on our naked but perfect Christmas tree came from DJ one of the Ladies Who Lunch. We, The Ladies, meet about once a month to have lunch and talk about life and how we are all coping and dealing, what we are learning, what we long for, what is working, what is not working and most of all what we all love about our lives and our friendship. This ornament is a snowflake. The snowflake is of massive importance to me. I love the snow. I love the cover and silence of the snow. I love the undiscovered country of all things possible that lie beneath the brilliant blanket of snow. And so New Hampshire--while so far from many of those who anchor me in my life is where I choose to nest. New Hampshire where there are great big dumps of 2 feet at a time! Snow is falling right now and I feel the newness of it rushing through me body. I smile. The wood stove crackles and pops. The cat is curled up cozy. I am sitting in the meditation room finding my own silent snow moment. Oh--the title is about a dinner---oops. more to come--I am going to do some art work now!--blessings to all and to all blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment