Sunday, January 3, 2010

snow and....

snow and....

Seems like the snow has been falling forever. It is so beautiful and calming and yet, today, my heart was pounding so strikingly hard. Filled with feelings of agitation like a cat flicking her tail with ears back. I was just feeling so bothered.
There have been lots of things to do today: wrote some letters, finished a stuffed pony for my sister, finished sewing a pair of jammy pants, made a nice dinner, took a cat nap, fed the fires, did laundry, wrote two papers for school, so why the agitation? Is it the passing of the full blue moon? Is it the cloud and snow fill skies? Is it the wind whipping around the house? Something just feels off. Off is ok, I guess--it is what it is. Tomorrow is meant to be sunny and a bit warmer. I hope to head to the barn to spend time with Oliver. I am going to get 4 barrels of nice fresh horse poopies for the garden, too. I have been thinking about the garden so much. Green beans, lovely lettuce, tomato plants, big juicy peppers, squash, eggplants, peas, carrots---the garden. Already planning the cold frame to start some seeds--not yet, not yet.
Writing--feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment